Install the Web3j binary.
To get the latest version on Mac OS or Linux, type the following in your terminal:
curl -L https://get.web3j.io | sh
Then to create a new project, simply run:
Or, to import an existing Solidity project into Web3j, run:
Then to build your project run:
For more information on using the Web3j CLI, head to the CLI section.
A web3j sample project is available that demonstrates a number of core features of Ethereum with web3j, including:
- Connecting to a node on the Ethereum network
- Loading an Ethereum wallet file
- Sending Ether from one address to another
- Deploying a smart contract to the network
- Reading a value from the deployed smart contract
- Updating a value in the deployed smart contract
- Viewing an event logged by the smart contract